Jean Guite Creek and Kitty Hawk forest preserve

YaY! My car finally looks complete with a kayak on top. It was a heavy bugger though. I definitely need to get one that's a bit lighter. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth though, I borrowed Dick's sea kayak in order to explore a little maritime forest and a canal that is supposed to be prime breeding ground for water moccasins.
Sweet. Finally a canal on the Banks that isn't lined with huge houses and boats. Ah peace and quiet and solitude and the occasional crab swimming by. No water moccasins though. i was kinda bummed about that one.
So, I didn't see any water moccasins or those big rodents (ROUS's?) called nutrias. Oh well maybe next time. I did see a very nice Heron. He was white and annoyed that i was there disturbing his peace.
He decided to leave. I did see some other fauna as well as Mr. Heron.
This was a particularly fierce one. Lucky for me he was caged up.
I then stumbled across the only covered bridge in Eastern North Carolina. Apparently there was an attempt at making an expensive community before they made it all costal preserve. nice bridge though.
Who's that trip trapping on my bridge? no trolls here, just a pasty white guy in a kayak.
They said that there were lots of rare plants around. Either i don't know what to look for, or these are all rare.
Way to go Kitty Hawk. You reserve those woods.

Is it rare? Who knows. It was pretty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake effect snow

Austyn follows in Dad's footprints, but where's the speedo?

What is that boy doing? AFHV here we come!