Slot Canyon revisited

Hee Hee Hee. I love this one. We are getting ahead of ourselves, as this was at the end (for us) of the canyon outside of Zion, but it's such a great picture I felt like leading off with it. Behind her and to the right was a blockage in the canyon, and I made her go first to see if we could do it. Virgil, our guide, didn't bring any rope, so we figured we couldn't make it. I was standing high and dry(not really, but at least not waist deep in murky ice water) in a sort of rim of the bathtub that Kim was plunged into. Though it was nice and toasty in the sun outside, it was icy cold in the water. I hadn't gotten wet past my waist and this was the deepest pool we hit, so I told Kim to stop for the photo op before helping her up out of the water. Ain't I a great guy?
This is the entrance to the slot. It's called Red Canyon or as Virgil preferred, the Canyon of the Two Maidens. That's a bit hokey if ya ask me, but when you scroll down you will see why he called it that. In the alcove above the pool there were some pictographs of a lizard. Awesome.
This is a view looking straight up without the flash. Amazing.
Here's Virgil plunging in up to his waist to see how things look.
If you check this one out you can see a face on the right side, that's one of the two maidens supposedly. I see it. A nose, mouth and chin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake effect snow

Austyn follows in Dad's footprints, but where's the speedo?

What is that boy doing? AFHV here we come!